If you want to create original content that boosts your business or brand image, our guide to the best generative AI tools of 2023 will help you.
How Generative AI Tools Can Help You (Big Picture)
In this era of information technology, the incorporation of artificial intelligence in most industries has steadily increased, and content generation is no exception.
Effective content creation involves developing unique content that promotes your brand image, is marketable, and meets the demands of current customer trends.
Overseeing all the components of creating successful, authentic content can be challenging.
This is where generative AI tools enter the picture.
Generative AI tools help streamline the creative process, automate routine tasks, and analyze consumer preferences to ensure your content is in demand.
In this article, we will walk you through the benefits of generative AI tools and the best generative AI tools of 2023.
What are Generative AI Tools?
AI generative tools are software that uses natural language processing, various programming languages, neural networks, and machine learning algorithms to detect patterns and process input data to create content.
Generative AI tools employ the power of artificial intelligence to aid in content creation and can generate videos, text, images, and music.
There are many generative AI tools in the market, from text-generative AI tools to image generators, video editing tools, music and design tools, and even text-to-speech conversion tools.
Using a generative AI tool helps content creators automate repetitive parts of the creation process, leaving them with more time to invest in coming up with new and unique ideas. With these tools, companies can simplify their workflow and increase efficiency and productivity.
What are the Benefits of Using Generative AI Tools?
Generative AI tools are vital to streamlining content creation and maximizing your efficiency and productivity as a content creator. Here are some benefits of using AI generative tools to simplify your life as a content creator.
Creating Unique Original Content
As has been mentioned, many different types of generative AI tools exist in the market. AI tools can produce all sorts of original content, from long-form content to meta descriptions, product descriptions, videos, images, code, and even art. With the wide range of media that can be generated, creating unique content has never been easier.
Detecting and Correcting Errors
Generative AI tools are proficient at reviewing your content, whether video or audio files, text, code, or images, for typos, errors, or inappropriate information. AI tools can also check your financial statements to ensure no suspicious activity.
Analyzing Data and Making Predictions
Generative AI tools analyze large volumes of data to recognize patterns and predict future trends. This helps companies make effective, data-driven decisions that drive growth and market success.
Since generative AI tools are well-equipped with natural language processing abilities, they can optimize communication and collaboration between team members. Along with this, generative AI tools can automate language-based tasks like document summarization, leaving users more time to interact and communicate with each other.
Making Content Generation More Time- and Cost-Effective
Generative AI tools can automate repetitive parts of the creation process. This helps companies save money on human resources and ensure their content generation processes operate efficiently.
The Eight Best Generative AI Tools of 2023
OpenAI’s ChatGPT is one of the most popular generative AI tools today.
With its advanced language model, ChatGPT’s chatbot uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to mimic human dialogue and engage in interactive conversations.
As a free AI generative tool, ChatGPT is widely accessible and easy to use. It is adept at answering all sorts of questions, translating, writing original content based on prompts, and recording and saving all your conversation history.
What makes ChatGPT’s AI-powered interface especially impressive is its ability to learn from past interactions and model communication based on the new data it accumulated.
Developers can easily integrate ChatGPT’s APIs into apps and products. Its AI plugins can also browse the Internet and navigate downloading and uploading content.
- Available in over 50 languages, including English, Spanish, Dutch, French, Japanese, and Italian
- Features a user-friendly interface with a robust language model that makes conversations engaging and human
- One of the only free AI generation tools available to the public
- Can use Python to interpret code
- Offers open-domain conversations with conversational context and fluency
- The free version glitches at times and may need to be opened in a new window
- Cannot access current events or information after September 2021
- May generate incoherent or inaccurate responses at times
ChatGPT offers an entirely free version. For advanced features, OpenAI launched ChatGPT Plus, a pilot paid plan at $20 per month.
GPT-4 is the newest version of OpenAI’s Large Language Model (LLM), developed after the success of GPT-3 and GPT-3.5.
Compared to its older counterparts, GPT-4 is more innovative and accurate. It also provides users with a safer and more stable interface.
With GPT-4’s extensive database and advanced system, users can address complex problems and generate, edit, and collaborate on creative and technical projects involving writing and coding. GPT-4 accepts image and text inputs and produces concise text outputs.
GPT-4 outperforms ChatGPT on standardized tests and human performance benchmarks, making it a more competent and sophisticated generative AI tool.
- Scored highly on standardized tests like the bar exam and AP tests
- Has undergone more thorough safety trials and checks than older generations of Large Language Models
- Offers greater stability than previous versions of GPT
- Available in multiple languages
- Image inputs are not yet available for public use
- Answers may show bias at times
GPT-4 offers a free plan and the following two paid models:
- A ‘Prompt’ model at $0.03 per 1,000 tokens
- A ‘Completion’ model at $0.06 per 1,000 tokens
GPT-4’s paid membership amounts to $20 per month.
Murf.AI is an AI voice-generation tool that uses artificial intelligence to produce premium-quality voiceovers in over 20 different languages and 120 different voices.
With Murf.AI, content creators can produce a realistic, human-sounding voice to edit existing content or create videos and audio files from scratch.
Murf.AI’s text-to-speech conversion feature allows users to edit AI-generated voices easily and efficiently. With Murf.AI, you can forgo the money you would need to spend on hiring voice actors, developing a script, and recording and editing videos.
Murf.AI allows users to control their AI-generated voice’s pitch, volume, speed, and tone and tweak it according to their needs. Murf.AI’s state-of-the-art technology makes finding convincing voices for social media posts a walk in the park.
- Highly flexible and customizable, letting you generate male and female voices in different tones, pitches, and volumes
- Lets you edit the speed and quality of your voiceover videos to suit your social media content
- Offers additional voice filters like monster voices and helium voices
- Has a Google Slides add-on feature that lets you incorporate voiceovers into your Google Slides presentations
- Has a powerful data protection and security system in place
- AI-generated voices may mispronounce words at times
- Offers limited features and settings
Murf.AI offers a free version with limited features for ten minutes of voice generation and the following three pricing plans:
- A ‘Basic’ plan at $19 per month includes essential features and basic voices
- A ‘Pro’ plan at $26 per month allows you to create high-quality voiceovers
- An ‘Enterprise’ plan at $99 monthly for customization and unlimited access
One of the market’s most popular AI-powered code generators is GitHub Copilot, a collaboration between OpenAI and GitHub.
GitHub Copilot provides real-time, large-scale code generation by converting natural language prompts into code, completing codes by analyzing the context, and simplifying content generation.
Featuring highly versatile AI technology, GitHub Copilot can code for individuals and businesses. It offers company-wide policy management and corporate proxy support so that developers can maximize their efficiency and productivity.
- Works as an extension for Visual Studio Code, Neovim, and JetBrains IDEs
- Features customizable settings that offer coding recommendations based on context and style
- Blocks suggestions matching public code
- Offers limited capabilities in supporting users on new APIs, frameworks, or code libraries
- Does not guarantee foolproof code security
GitHub Copilot offers a free version and the following two pricing plans:
- A ‘Team’ plan at $3.67 per user per month
- An ‘Enterprise’ plan at $19.25 per user per month
Synthesia is an AI generative tool specializing in creating and editing video content.
Synthesia’s library of video templates, AI avatars, and voices allows users to turn their scripted prompts into high-quality videos without possessing video equipment or editing skills.
Synthesia features an easy-to-use, intuitive interface ideal for social media content creation, videos relating to marketing campaigns, training, and how-to videos for interested users.
Synthesia offers additional functions like text analysis and editing and text-to-speech conversion. To top it all off, Synthesia provides first-time users with a library of video examples, a Help Center, and Synthesia Academy Tutorials.
- Offers over 125 AI avatar characters and over 120 languages and accents
- Lets users create their own AI avatar
- Features an extensive library of pre-built video templates
- Provides integrations with Intercomp, Mindstamp, PowerPoint, WordPress, Vimeo, and HubSpot Knowledge Base
- Includes a screen-recording feature
- Digital avatars offer limited movement and gestures.
- Editing videos and captions may take time in scenes that feature a lot of dialogue.
Synthesia offers the following two pricing plans:
- A ‘Personal’ plan at $22.50 per month.
- An ‘Enterprise’ plan that offers flexible pricing based on the features you choose.
DALL-E 2 is OpenAI’s newest image and art generation tool.
As a generative AI tool, DALL-E 2 is proficient in producing creative and realistic-looking AI-generated artwork. Users can enter a prompt to create a new image or edit an existing image.
DALL-E 2 converts natural language inputs into high-quality images and art pieces. DALL-E 2’s deep learning algorithms are also more advanced than the previous generation’s, making them better equipped to reject inappropriate inputs and create irrelevant outputs.
DALL-E 2’s ‘Outpainting’ function lets users expand existing images, while its ‘Inpainting’ function makes editing an image easier. With DALL-E 2, developers can experiment with different media to create a unique image.
- Features a user-friendly interface that makes image generation easy
- Offers more than four times the resolution DALL-E has
- Safer and more appropriate than older versions
- Can be integrated into apps and software
- Capable of producing realistic and unique images and art pieces
- Complex input requests can generate inaccurate images
- The quality of the image varies according to the art style
DALL-E 2 used to offer a free version that is no longer available. The tool is now priced at a credit pricing model where each input text prompt equals one credit. Credits can be bought in blocks of 115, and each block costs $15.
Anthropic’s Claude is a generative AI tool and chatbot whose design prioritizes customizability, safety, and natural conversation.
Claude’s preferred genre for content creation is comedy, creative writing, and human-like conversations. Claude can store user feedback and adjust its AI-powered interface accordingly.
Claude offers a backend API for professional developers and is part of Notion AI’s foundation. Claude is also available in Slack and provides two versions: Claude Instant and Claude Classic.
In addition to being an AI generative tool, Claude functions as an AI automation tool and can automate workflows and simplify social media managers’ jobs.
- Has a larger context window than OpenAI models
- Includes ‘Red-Team Prompts’ that prevent harmful content generation
- Features a multiple-language model
- Proficient in numerous coding languages
- Provides users with detailed explanations in answers
- Cannot access the Internet
- Not reliable for fact-based questions
Claude offers the following two pricing plans,
- Claude Instant has a ‘Prompt’ version for $1.63 per 1 million tokens and a ‘Completion’ version for $5.51 per 1 million tokens.
- Claude 2 has a ‘Prompt’ version at $11.02 per 1 million tokens and a ‘Completion’ version at $32.68 per 1 million tokens.
DeepMind’s AlphaCode is a coding and problem-solving AI generative tool with a transformer-based language model with 41.4 billion parameters.
AlphaCode’s datasets and solutions are available on GitHub, and users can access up to 13,000 example tasks that serve as training data.
AlphaCode is one of the best coding solutions in the market as a generative AI tool, outperforming other tools and human programmers to rank amongst the top 54% in simulated Codeforces competitions.
- Boasts powerful programming capabilities and can generate code at rapid rates
- Employs ‘Smart-Filtering’ after large-scale code generation
- Has undergone thorough research, training, and testing
- Can be accessed for free through GitHub
- Relies on large data sets and computing power to yield successful results
- Has false positive rates of approximately 4%
AlphaCode is a free, generative AI tool that anyone can use.
Generative AI tools simplify content creation and offer smart solutions that save time and reduce the money spent on human resources.
Investing in a generative AI tool that helps you churn out original content that meets consumer demands is essential to surviving today’s competitive business world.
With the diverse range of available options, picking out a generative AI tool can be overwhelming. But don’t worry; we’ve got you covered.
After having gone through this article, you are equipped with all the information you need to pick out a generative AI tool that meets your content creation needs.
You can click here to get a downloadable list of great AI tools recommended by Online Success Genie.