With the advent of technology, artificial intelligence and machine learning have quickly seeped into most aspects of our daily lives, offering smart solutions to complex problems and simplifying time-consuming tasks.
Project management is no exception to this, and recent years have seen a rise in the popularity of AI-powered project management solutions. With the right AI tool, businesses can streamline their project management processes and achieve project success.
In this article, we will walk you through the benefits of AI in project management, the features you should look for in an AI tool, and the best AI tools for project management in 2023.
What are AI Project Management Tools and How Do They Work?
AI project management tools are project management software that enhances human activities through artificial intelligence and machine learning processing to aid project managers in decision-making.
AI-powered project management tools are built to simulate human behavior and cognitive processes through imitation and modeling. These tools automate repetitive tasks by mimicking human decision-making, which helps make project management more efficient.
With machine learning and algorithms, AI project management tools can analyze large volumes of data to help project managers make well-informed, data-driven decisions and develop successful business and marketing strategies.
AI project management tools work by providing intelligent solutions that automate the different stages throughout a project lifecycle. AI project management software improves resource management, team collaboration, and task distribution, leading to effective project planning and successful project performance.
What are the Benefits of Using AI Tools for Project Management?
Effective project management is vital to the success of any business, but navigating a heavy workload, impending deadlines, and a diverse labor force can be challenging. This is where project management tools enter the picture.
AI project management tools simplify and streamline the management of multiple projects and teams, making life as a project manager much easier.
Here is our compilation of how AI tools can enhance modern project management practices.
Project management involves dealing with large amounts of data. From customer information to project development details and current market trends, project managers have to keep track of all sorts of data to develop effective business processes.
With their ability to go through large volumes of data and draw valuable business insights, AI project management tools are great for helping project managers perform predictive analytics.
Using artificial intelligence, task management tools grant project insight using data to predict and infer future outcomes, trends, and customer behavior patterns. This information can be used to improve project outcomes and achieve market success.
Predictive analytics also helps project managers with accurate time tracking, which is great for creating reliable project roadmaps and estimating project costs.
One of the key factors behind the success of a project is ensuring that all project team members are on the same page regarding the requirements, vision, and goals. Project management tools running on AI ensure that a project is not derailed by producing a clear project vision and mitigating cognitive bias. Project managers can use these tools to keep their project teams on track.
Project management tools play a vital role in risk management, which is essential in increasing the chances of success of a project.
Project management software can use AI and Machine learning technology to draw insights from past projects and generate accurate risk assessments. Since AI project management tools can predict and identify potential risks, project managers are in a better position to address and mitigate them more effectively, significantly increasing the success rate of a project.
AI-powered project management tools can use data to automate repetitive tasks, which helps save time and makes the project management process more efficient.
As AI automates routine, mundane tasks, human resources can be allocated toward more complex and important project management tasks.
Not only does project management AI help automate tasks, but it also reduces human intervention and cuts project costs by decreasing the labor force.
Interpretation of Project Data
Artificial intelligence project management software can assess and analyze large volumes of data and generate valuable insights by detecting patterns and connections that would go unrecognized by humans.
Using project management tools to interpret and analyze data helps project managers fine-tune their business operations and develop effective marketing strategies. Moreover, AI makes reviewing extensive data sets more efficient and accurate as human error is reduced.
An AI project management tool helps managers understand the project’s scope and prioritize different processes and tasks accordingly. By providing project teams with accurate data at the right time, project management tools can enhance a team’s understanding of the project and help make data-driven decisions.
An essential component of successful project management is the effective use of resources.
Project management tools use AI to conduct unbiased inspections determining the shortage or abundance of resources.
Based on this information and the project guidelines laid out by project managers, AI project management tools help allocate resources effectively and efficiently, ensuring minimal wastage.
What to Look for in an AI Project Management Tool?
In this digital age, with the huge advances made in artificial intelligence and machine learning, you will find an overwhelming amount of impressive AI project management tools in the market.
While choosing an AI project management tool depends on your project management practices and needs, there are some features that every good tool should have.
Artificial Intelligence Features
Look at the number and range of AI features your AI project management tool offers. You want to find a tool that uses AI to automate tasks to make project management more efficient. This is why a tool that offers more AI features is worth looking into.
Also, remember to focus on the type of AI features your tool offers. A simple yet essential feature is ‘Project Prioritization,’ which is integral to project management.
Pricing is important when looking for an AI solution for your project management needs. It is recommended to list the features you want in an AI tool, narrow down the project management tools that offer these features, and compare their prices. This way, you will have an accurate estimate of the amount you will spend on purchasing an AI-powered project management tool and a good idea of the different price options you can choose from.
Always remember to check if your tool offers a free version or a free trial so that you can test it out to see how well it fits in with your project management practices.
You want an AI project management solution that is easy to use and features a simple, user-friendly interface. You don’t want to invest in a tool that has high installation costs or requires extensive training before use. This defeats relying on AI solutions to make project management easier.
The Tool’s Stage of Development
When looking for AI powered-project management solutions, remember that some companies market tools that have yet to reach the final stage of development. This is why it’s a good idea to do your research and save time by looking at fully functional AI solutions.
Luckily, we have provided you with a complete list of the best AI project management tools on the market.
What are the Best AI Tools for Project Management in 2023?
Now that we have established the importance of AI project management tools let’s take a closer look at some of the best tools of 2023 that can be used to enhance your business operations.
Trello is an AI project management tool that’s been around for quite a while as a popular project management software that has recently added AI-powered features to its system.
Trello prioritizes its simple, customizable, and flexible user interface that uses the Kanban Method to streamline project management processes. With Kanban boards and cards, Trello effectively manages projects by delegating tasks, organizing your workflow, and tracking your project’s progress.
With Trello’s Strategy-AI Power-Up, you can predict future trends and events to prioritize and prepare accordingly. Trello’s AI solution also includes Butler, an automation tool that helps you easily and efficiently organize your boards and perform routine project management tasks.
- Trello offers multiple templates, such as a project management template and a project roadmap template.
- Trello understands that each project lifecycle has its timeline. This is why Trello’s ‘Varied Timeline’ feature allows you to manage projects that range from weekly sprints to annual goals.
- Trello’s artificial intelligence features will enable you to automate routine tasks so that you can focus on what matters more to the success of your project.
- Trello offers users AI-based ‘text suggestions’ when they want to start a conversation with another project team member.
- Features an easy-to-use interface
- Offers 100+ integrations with
- ‘Calendar View’ connects the entire team
- Flexible and customizable
- Lacks tutorials
- Not well-equipped for large-scale projects
- The mobile version has limited functions
Trello offers a free version with limited features and three paid plans which vary according to the features they offer.
Standard Plan: 5 USD per user per month, billed annually. This plan is suited for small-team collaboration.
Premium Plan: 10 USD per user per month, billed annually. This plan is suited for teams that need to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Enterprise Plan: 17.50 USD per user per month, billed annually. This plan supports organizations that need to work across multiple teams.
ProofHub is an AI project management tool known for its speed and efficiency in project planning and scheduling.
Its state-of-the-art AI technology keeps track of your resources, workload distribution, and project progress so that you can dedicate all your time and energy toward work.
ProofHub AI automates routine tasks like reports or approvals so that you can focus on your primary project management goals. ProofHub AI also saves you time by generating concise reports that help you keep track of your performance.
- ProofHub automates repetitive tasks and produces AI-generated reports to save time and keep you up-to-date.
- ProofHub offers an ‘Assignees’ feature that lets you delegate tasks to different project management team members.
- With ProofHub, users can create customized workflows that cater to their project management needs.
- ProofHub helps project managers keep track of work by giving them an ‘overview’ of project statuses.
- Automatically updates changes over the Cloud
- Acts as a central project management hub
- Integrates well with third-party tools like Google Drive and Dropbox
- Ensures each member has a clear understanding of the project and their role
- The mobile version is not as efficient as the desktop version
- Lacks around-the-clock customer support
ProofHub offers a 14-day free trial, after which you can choose between their ‘Ultimate Control’ and ‘Essential’ pricing plans. The ‘Ultimate Control’ plan is 85 USD monthly, billed annually, and supports unlimited projects. The ‘Essential’ plan is at 45 USD monthly, billed annually, and supports up to 40 projects.
Notion is an all-in-one task management tool that boasts a robust AI system to create and edit content, analyze information, and organize your workflows.
Notion’s AI project management software allows users to prioritize tasks according to their importance and their upcoming deadlines. Notion also automatically updates your task list so that new tasks appear once previous ones are checked off.
Notion features AI writing tools that can help you edit your work by giving you automated grammar and style suggestions. Notion’s AI enables you to organize your content and analyze information to gain valuable project insight.
- Notion’s AI allows you to automate mundane tasks like updating project statuses and sending notifications.
- Notion gives you AI-generated writing suggestions based on your writing style and content.
- You can use ‘AskNotion’ to create a chatbot customized to your Notion pages and content.
- Notion offers real-time collaboration and communication so that your project management team is always on the same page.
- Offers extensive tutorials and user guides
- Gives regular project notifications to keep users up-to-date
- Allows co-editing and content collaboration
- Syncs well on any device
- Functions well in a distributed work environment
- Notion AI can rewrite and edit text but cannot generate it from scratch.
- Notion is not the best AI software for project managers that need to oversee multiple projects.
- Some users complain about content lost through glitches.
Notion offers a free version with limited features and three pricing plans.
Plus Plan: 8 USD per user per month.
Business Plan: 15 USD per user per month.
Enterprise Plan: The price varies according to the features you purchase.
One of the best project management tools on the market is Asana, which features a powerful set of AI tools that let users create and edit content, optimize workflows, and organize project tasks.
Asana’s AI task management allows users to break down tasks and assign different responsibilities to each team member. With Asana, a project manager can appoint customized tasks for each project team to avoid overlap and ensure a smooth project management process.
Asana’s AI system also automates repetitive actions, freeing you to focus on processes more crucial to your project management. With Asana’s AI-powered tools, you can create visual lists and plans to map your project workflow, track your performance, and deliver projects within their deadlines.
- Asana enables users to automate their workflows, making project management more efficient.
- With Asana, you can communicate with your team members through project conversation hubs.
- Asana lets you set goals and then provides you with updates on how close you are to achieving them.
- Asana’s shared calendar lets each team member know each other’s tasks and progress.
- Offers powerful AI tools to make project management more efficient
- Features a simple user interface
- It lets you set task reminders
- Enables team communication and collaboration
- Integrates with other project management tools like ‘Adam’
- Lacks customizability and flexibility
- Customer support operates on a ‘ticket system,’ which can be inefficient
Asana offers a free version with its basic set of features. The paid version includes ‘Premium’ and ‘Business’ plans. The Premium Plan is priced at 10.99 USD per user per month, while the Business Plan is for 24.99 USD per user per month.
ClickUp is an easy-to-navigate, Cloud-based AI project management software. With a highly customizable user interface, ClickUp’s AI-powered project management tools allow users to schedule meetings, create and edit agendas, upload documents, and organize workflows.
ClickUp’s AI virtual assistant lets users access project team information anytime, ensuring you stay updated on your team’s progress. With ClickUp’s time-tracking features, you set up time estimates and monitor the time spent on each task.
ClickUp’s artificial intelligence-powered tools support real-time collaboration and allow team members to edit a project simultaneously. With multiple tools like automated notifications, ClickUp ensures you never miss deadlines and stay on top of your project management game.
- AI virtual assistant gathers your project management team’s information in one easily accessible location.
- ClickUp’s highly-customizable interface lets you choose your dashboard view from over ten options.
- The ‘Team Alignment’ feature ensures each team member is on the same page regarding project goals, statuses, priorities, and deadlines.
- ClickUp features over 50 pre-designed automation features that let you automate your workflow.
- Features a simple and highly customizable user interface
- Provides smooth integration with other tools like Trello and Slack
- Offers comprehensive onboarding videos
- It can be challenging to adjust the scalability of your project
- ClickUp offers limited file-sharing
ClickUp offers a free version that is great for personal use and provides 100MB of storage space. ClickUp has four paid plans which include,
Unlimited: This plan is best suited for small project management teams and is priced at 5 USD per user per month.
Business: This plan suits medium-sized teams and is priced at 12 USD per user per month.
Business Pus: This plan suits multiple teams and is priced at 19 USD per user per month.
Enterprise: This plan suits multiple, large-scale teams and has adjustable pricing, depending on the number and size of your teams and the features you want to purchase.
Project Insight is an award-winning AI project management tool. Designed by Microsoft, Project Insight is an all-in-one project management platform that helps companies monitor their progress, allocate resources, oversee data entry, and manage project schedules.
Project Insight has all the features to streamline your project management processes. Its software uses artificial intelligence to automate time tracking, data analytics, appointments, and cost management. With the range of features Project Insight offers, you don’t need to use any other tool to work with it.
Through Project Insight, users have access to experts in the field to help guide them through the ins and outs of project management. Project Insight also features advanced project scheduling options through its ‘Drag and Drop’ tools.
- Automates repetitive and menial tasks so that you can invest your time and energy into core project management.
- Project Insight offers billing integration, making it a complete project management tool.
- Project Insight can estimate project costs, allocate resources, monitor progress, and conduct quality tests.
- Provides real-time updates so that team members can stay in touch and collaborate more effectively.
- Offers a wide range of tools, making it a convenient, all-in-one project management platform
- Project data is easy to enter and retrieve, and records are retained for a lifetime
- Features a highly customizable and flexible interface
- Integrates with third-party tools like QuickBooks and Slack
- Some users may find the interface a bit complex to navigate
- It may take some time to download large volumes of data
Project Insight offers a free version, which provides basic benefits. You can pay 3 USD for each additional feature; after twelve add-ons, you get the rest automatically. Project Insight’s ‘Enterprise’ pricing plan can be purchased for 45 USD per user.
As artificial intelligence continues to change the landscape across different fields, the relevance of AI-powered project management tools is also rising. Investing in an AI project management tool that meets your requirements is essential to adapt to this change and keep up with other businesses.
With the overwhelming amount of options in the market, picking a tool can be challenging and time-consuming. Luckily, you now have a good idea of the best options.
Click here to get a downloadable list of great AI tools recommended by Online Success Genie.