Get the data you need with the best Google web scraper. Check out our comprehensive guide to the top ten Google web scrapers of 2023 and learn how to pick the right one for your business.
Why use Google web scraper tools?
Google has cemented its position as one of the leading search engines of 2023, with statistics showing that it accounts for over 84% of the global search market.
With most web users using Google’s services, it is no surprise that Google is often considered synonymous with the internet. Businesses and individuals rely on Google’s extensive database to make well-informed, data-driven decisions.
With the vast amounts of information it holds, extracting data from Google is no easy feat. This is where Google web scraper tools come in useful.
Google web scrapers extract data from Google’s search results pages, reviews, maps, and other services. They resemble general web scraping tools in the automation of data extraction. The difference is that while general web scrapers collect data from different sites, Google web scrapers specialize in scraping Google web pages.
With the help of Google web scraping tools, business owners can scrape data in record time and gain valuable insight into boosting their business.
But with the wide variety of Google web scrapers available in the market, choosing one that meets your data extraction needs can take time and effort.
In this article, we will walk you through the top ten Google web scrapers of 2023 and give you the information you need to pick the best Google web scraper to bring your business to the next level.
What is Web Scraping and How Do Web Scraping Tools Work?
Web scraping refers to the automation of extracting data from multiple websites and organizing this information into structured data sets. Scraping data relies on web scraping tools that collect data manually or automatically.
From small businesses to large enterprises, data-scraping tools are essential in quickly providing companies with reliable and accurate information. This scraped data is used by businesses to monitor prices, track products, and trends, generate leads, and conduct market research.
Web scraping tools work by automating data extraction from a website’s HTML code and then organizing the extracted data into a structured output that can be used for further analysis.
Web scrapers can give companies the intel they need to make informed decisions that lead to business growth and brand development.
What to Look for in a Google Web Scraper?
A Google web scraper is a web scraping tool specifically made to scrape data from Google search results. Similar to a general web scraping tool, a Google web scraper also extracts metadata such as URLs, descriptions, and titles from Google’s search engine results pages.
While a general data scraper can collect data from search engines other than Google, a Google web scraper is specialized for Google’s SERPs.
A lot of the best web scraping tools in the market function as Google web scrapers because of their ability to extract data from Google’s web pages.
Choosing the Google web scraper that meets your data extraction needs can be challenging. Here are some key features you need to look out for in a Google web scraper.
Data scraping can be complex, especially if you are new to it. That is why it is essential to look for a Google web scraper with a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate.
Picking out an easy-to-use data scraper saves a lot of hassle in the long run, as you do not need to worry about hiring an expert to install your scraper and teach you how to use it.
Pricing is another crucial factor when looking for a Google scraper. Some data scraping tools have free trials, but make sure to check pricing before starting a free trial so that you don’t end up paying more than you expected once the trial ends. A free trial is a great resource and will let you know whether the scraper is the right fit for your data extraction needs before you make a commitment.
You must also be well-informed of your data scrapers’ pricing plans. Do you require all of the features a Google scraper has to offer? If so, you will likely have to purchase an advanced or premium package, which would be more costly.
Data Export Formats
Google web scrapers often use multiple export formats. Some common formats include CSV, JSON, XML, and Microsoft Excel.
You need to consider what format you want your data to be exported in and whether the scraper you are looking for supports that format.
Speed and Performance
A Google scraper’s efficiency, speed, and overall performance should help you determine whether it fulfills your data needs. A good Google web scraper would be flexible, reliable, and accurate when extracting data. Along with this, your Google scraper should be able to function efficiently.
Also, consider the features your scraper hosts. If your business grows, does your Google web scraper have the capability to work with larger data sets? Does your Google web scraper offer IP rotation or a web browser? You need to consider these issues while looking for a web scraping tool.
Looking at the customer support services a Google web scraping tool offers is always a good idea to know you are in good hands if something goes wrong. Look for a scraping tool that provides around-the-clock support with its standard pricing.
What are The Top 10 Google Web Scrapers of 2023?
Now that you know what to look for in a Google web scraping tool, it’s time for a detailed evaluation of the top 10 Google web scrapers of 2023.
Phantombuster is one of the most popular Google data scraping tools. With its cloud-based software, Phantombuster can extract all sorts of data, including email addresses, documents, IP addresses, images, Linkedin information, and other web data.
It works great as a web scraping tool and is scalable to small and large businesses. Phantombuster’s data extraction helps generate leads and gather data from multiple pages to automate your marketing strategy and launch a successful campaign.
- Enables users to extract email addresses, documents, web data, phone numbers, and IP addresses
- Boasts a customizable data extraction strategy where users can schedule web data extraction actions
- Houses integrative web scraper cloud technology that works with Slack, HubSpot CRM, and Zapier.
- User-friendly interface which does not require background coding knowledge
- Offers a web scraping API (application programming interface)
- Comes with a Phantombuster chrome extension
- Syncs well with Google sheets and Linkedin
- Does not require any installations and can easily be used on a chrome web browser
- Provides automatic data extraction
- Scrapes data from social media platforms like Linkedin, Twitter, and Facebook
- Does not require prior coding knowledge
- It has limitations in the amount of data it can scrape in one go
- May lag at times
- The free trial version is available for a minimum period
- Some phantoms may be slow in data extraction
Phantombuster offers a 14-day free trial period, after which users can choose from three pricing plans.
Starter Plan: 59 USD per month, or 48 USD per month billed together at the end of the year.
Pro Plan: 139 USD per month or 112 USD per month billed together at the end of the year.
Team Plan: 399 USD per month or 320 USD per month billed together at the end of the year.
Oxylabs is a leading Google web scraper that offers premium proxy management and data scraping solutions that all types and sizes of businesses can use to meet their data extraction needs. With its efficient Scraper APIs, Oxylabs can gather data that helps companies to conduct market research and build their brand image.
Oxylabs features the Oxy Proxy extension, a free chrome extension, and a proxy manager. With its headless browsers and chrome extensions, Oxylabs can easily and efficiently collect data from search engines like Google.
- In-house IP rotation that allows you to scrape data without having to switch to a new IP address constantly since Oxylabs automatically switches your address for you
- More than 100M proxy servers are available in all 195 countries across the globe
- Customer support services that are available 24/7
Built-in safety features that prevent you from using blocked or restricted IP addresses so that you can use your current IP effectively
- A customizable scraper setup that adjusts according to your data extraction needs
- Offers a wide range of web scraping API and proxies to choose from
- 100M plus reliable proxies
- The ability to gather data in real-time
- Customized account manager services
- A structured format with a user-friendly interface
- Residential proxies that allow scrapers to work undetected
- Proxies can lack in terms of speed and stability at times
- Expensive pricing with the need to contact the support team for information regarding payment methods
- Time zones between countries can interfere with communication when using multiple proxies
Oxylabs offer a one-week free trial, after which you can sign up for any of their pricing plans. The price for residential proxies starts from 15 USD per GB, while a web scraper API subscription starts at 50 USD per month.
ScraperAPI is a proxy web scraping API recognized as one of the best Google web scraping tools due to its cost-effective web scraping abilities. ScraperAPI is proficient in managing proxies, browsers, and CAPTCHAs, letting users scrape web pages with just an API call.
ScraperAPI is highly customizable and efficient. It is able to perform scraping tasks on extensive search engine results, with the ability to identify and analyze the most complicated documents on Google and generate simple output data.
- Uses IP rotation to prevent your IP from being blocked or restricted
- Customization options include a headless browser, IP geolocation, and request headers.
- More than 40 million IPs
- Multiple IP geo locations
- Total bandwidth with speeds of up to 100MB/sec.
- Flexible and customizable
- Intuitive user interface
- Around-the-clock tech support
- 5000 free API credits for beginners
- Some users can find the pricing a bit on the higher side
- Minor inconsistencies may occur in the scraping process
ScraperAPI offers a 7-day free trial, after which you can choose three pricing tiers.
Hobby Plan: The pricing starts from 29 USD for one monthly user.
Startup Plan: 99 USD for one user per month.
Business Plan: 249 USD for one user per month.
ScrapingBee is a web scraping API tool with headless browsers and proxy management. ScrapingBee is a popular Google scraping tool because it can easily extract structured data from Google web pages and integrate with Google sheets, Google Docs, Google Drive, Gmail, and Slack.
- IP rotation allows users to extract data without getting blocked or restricted
- Direct integration with Google sheets
- 1000 free API calls
- Screenshots and Google search API
- Lead generation and social media scraping
- Allow data export in JSON, CSV, and XML formats
- Automatic data extraction with IP rotation
- Excellent at Google web page scraping
- Around-the-clock customer care
- User-friendly interface
- Users might face internal server errors at times
- Does not offer a free web scraping tool
ScrapingBee offers a 14-day free trial with 1000 API calls, after which the monthly pricing plan starts at 49 USD. With ScrapingBee, you can choose a custom pricing scheme depending on your web scraping needs.
Apify is one of the best web scraping tools in the market that works as a web scraper and web crawler to create an all-in-one data extraction and automation platform. Apify features built-in Google web scraping tools that extract data from web pages and dynamic websites.
Apify can also extract data across social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Apify also can scrape a specific web page to extract structured data. As a website scraping tool, Apify is flexible and customizable, allowing users to choose their preferred language and country settings.
- Enables data export in JSON, CSV, and XML formats
- Integrates with Zapier, Keboola, Airbyte
- Can transfer data to Google sheets
- Has chrome extensions that make it easy to scrape Google web pages
- Customer services are available through email and live chat
- In-house IP rotation
- Offers data retention
- Features an instant data scraper
- Built-in proxy server rotation to circumvent IP blocks and restrictions
- Excellent customer service
- Capable of scraping Google maps
- Accurate and reliable data scraper
- Offers a free trial with 1000 free API calls
- Users with no technical background might struggle to operate Apify
- Individual web scrapers on Apify may break down at times
Apify offers a one-month free trial with 1000 free API calls. The starting price is 49 USD per month.
- Bright Data
Bright Data is one of the leading web scraper tools in the market today. Featuring award-winning web scraping tools and proxy networks, Bright Data has earned its title as the world’s top web data platform.
With a hosted IDE system, Bright Data can scrape data across Google, social media platforms, e-commerce sites, and online business and marketing campaigns. Bright Data’s Cloud-based machine learning technology can scrape large amounts of complex data, generating accurate and reliable results in record time.
- Integrates with other web scrapers like Phantombuster, Apify, and Web Scraper
- Houses a browser extension
- Hosted IDE system
- Has debugging tools
- Offers IP geolocation
- Customizable dashboard
- Built-in proxies
- Unlimited bandwidth
- IP rotation
- 24/7 customer support that operates via phone calls, live chat, and emails
- Web scraping templates
- Users may find the pricing system complex and rigid
- Setting up Bright Data may be difficult for users that do not have a technical background
Bright Data offers a 7-day free trial, after which its pricing plan begins at 500 USD per month. Bright Data also offers a custom pricing plan that depends on the features you opt for.
Smartproxy is an award-winning customer-centric web scraping tool. As a data scraping tool and a proxy provider, Smartproxy’s extracted data is accurate and reliable. Smartproxy offers an instant data scraper that can extract information in real-time and generate structured data outputs.
Smartproxy has recently introduced its ‘No-Code Scraper,’ which operates on a point-and-click interface that enables users to extract data without any codes.
- Offers a variety of scraping APIs, like Google scraping API, social media scraping API, e-commerce scraping API, and No-Code Scraper
- Integrates with other web scrapers
- Operates on a synchronous and asynchronous networking framework
- Avoids CAPTCHAs
- Performs headless scraping tasks
- Good customer service provider
- Reliable proxy provider
- User-friendly interface
- Free trials are restricted to scraping APIs
- Proxies may be unstable at times
Smartproxy offers a 7-day free trial for its scraping APIs. Its pricing edition starts at 30 USD per month. Users can pay 100 USD per month to access 35,000 API calls and all the other features Smartproxy offers.
ParseHub is a free web scraping tool that enables users to extract data and download this scraped data in whatever format they desire. With its cloud-based machine learning technology, ParseHub offers an easy-to-use point-and-click interface that makes for efficient and reliable web scraping.
As one of the best web scraping tools in the market, ParseHub offers many features that other web scraping tools may need to improve. For example, ParseHub can scrape and download CSV, JSON, and Excel data. ParseHub can also extract data from dynamic websites and offer Google sheets integration.
- Free tool for data scraping
- Cloud-based system enables data retention
- IP rotation
- Avoids CAPTCHAs
- Syncs extracted data with Google sheets
- Features multiple data export formats
- User-friendly interface
- Excellent around-the-clock customer support
- Does not require prior coding knowledge
- Allows users to set a daily, weekly, or hourly schedule
- In-built IP address rotation
- Offers a downloadable desktop version
- You need to pay to have access to its complete set of features
- Troubleshooting problems might arise during large data-scraping projects
ParseHub is an accessible data scraping tool, but the free version does not offer the complete set of features it houses. If used as a free tool, ParseHub can scan 200 pages of data in 40 minutes and work on five public projects. Pricing for ParseHub starts at 189 USD per month, with a 15% discount on annual payment plans.
Octoparse is a user-friendly web scraping tool that can scrape web pages with a simple point-and-click. Compared to other web scraping tools, Octoparse is easy to use as it does not require coding knowledge or technical background.
Octoparse works on cloud-based technology that offers a range of features, such as infinite scrolling and IP rotation. Using Octoparse, you can extract data and download it in API, CSV, and Excel formats. You can also schedule when you want to scrape web pages, making Octoparse flexible and customizable.
- Cloud-based technology
- IP rotation
- Customizable scheduling
- Infinite scrolling
- Enables users to export data in a spreadsheet format
- Enables data retention
- Does not require scripting or coding knowledge
- Allows users to extract data from dynamic and static web pages
- Enables anonymous website scraping
- Allows anonymous data mining through its data miner chrome extension
- Users might find the visual operations panel to be slow
- Some users may find pricing plans to be steep
- To efficiently extract data, you need a stable internet connection
Octoparse offers a free trial and free plan, but that provides a limited set of features. Octoparse’s pricing plan starts at 75 USD per month.
Scrapy is an entirely free web scraping tool that functions as an open-source collaborative framework built to scrape data across multiple web pages.
Scrapy also doubles as a web scraping library for Python. It is often used by developers who specialize in Python and wish to build extensible crawlers to aid web crawling. Scrapy’s twisted asynchronous networking framework enables users to take on large-scale data scraping projects and manage them efficiently.
- Open-source data extractor
- Can export data in multiple formats, like JSON, CSV, and XML
- In-built support for selecting and extracting data from web pages
- Supports data mining
- Completely free
- Efficient and reliable
- Its twisted asynchronous networking framework allows multiple pages to be scraped simultaneously
- Self-adjusts data crawling speeds
- Use of Scrapy is limited to developers
Scrapy is an entirely free web scraping tool.
Whether a small business owner or a prominent enterprise CEO, you need data to back your decisions. This is why it is vital to find the Google web scraper that matches your business criteria to have accurate and reliable information at your fingertips.
After going through this article, you should be clear about what to look for in a Google web scraping tool and know about the best Google scrapers of 2023.
You are now well-equipped to pick a Google web scraper that will enhance your data extraction process and increase your business revenue.